Monday, October 21, 2013

Cinnamon.

It only lasts if you make it last.


How mundane of you, to sit there and pretend like you're noticing everyone but me.
How mundane of you, to watch me pretend like I'm noticing everyone but you.

How mundane was it when the spearmint from your breath
breezed through my window when I passed you by
How mundane was it when my eyelashes fell off, remembering how
they used to brush the cinnamon off your cheeks

How mundane was it when neither of us tripped, neither of us hit the ground
but we keep pulling these Leaning Tower of Pisa moves on each other,
we never fell but we haven't been properly upright for some time now
How mundane was it when we pretended
but we were never pretending
yet we're still pretending

How mundane is it, that I can feel so much about so little and so little about so much
How mundane is it, that you're so utterly not mundane

love always, laura elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment