Thursday, May 31, 2012

An Anniversary, of sorts.

Do you remember your first kiss? Have you had your first kiss? Was it everything you wanted it to be? Do you remember it fondly? Or if you haven't had one, what's your big dream? How do you imagine it?









Two years ago, today, a boy texted a girl. They liked each other, this boy and this girl.
The girl was young, younger by about a year and a half, and she was naive. Naive and innocent.
So she biked to her favorite park, it was eight o'clock at night, he was there waiting.
So they talked, they laughed, it got cold, they sat together, he put his arms around her because she was shivering.
But she wasn't shivering too badly.
The rest is history. Well, just the middle part, the part that's hard to say with words and makes me blush.
But when it got really dark, and when it was past time to go home, they said goodnight and goodbye,
then spent a few extra stolen moments.
I rode home on my bicycle, I didn't even notice riding through sprinklers and laughed when I realized I was all wet.
I had a big, goofy grin on my face the rest of the night.
This time, two years ago, I was still awake, texting that boy, still on cloud nine from my first kiss.

You know, it was sweet. He was sweet, that night, that week. I wouldn't call him sweet after that week, but that week, he was sweet, and I couldn't have asked for a better first kiss.

Two years later, I'm not as innocent. I'm not as naive. I'm a bit more experienced, I'm a better biker. I've learned a lot, but I've also forgotten a lot. I don't miss him, Blaze I mean. But I miss the young love, my first love, even if it was very bad for me and myself and it took a long time to take out the poison.
I miss... I miss.
I don't know anything. It's been two years and I still don't know anything,
how will I make it alone?

Anyway. Two years ago, I had my first kiss. It's been two long, short years. I remember that day.
Do you?

love always, laura elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment