Sunday, October 16, 2011

"The prettiest curve on a woman's body is her smile."

Charmanders are red,
Squirtles are blue,
If you were a pokemon,
I'd choose you.




Boys,
girls are easy.
It doesn't really matter what you do, but if you do something for one, you'll have her.

I wish I could write a list of things I wish you'd do for me,
because it's all here in my head,
but then I'd never know.  So maybe you should just not read this post
but still do something nice for me.  Because I know you know me and maybe I almost know
you have feelings for me but I don't really know if you care so if you do
do something nice for me to let me know
because I can't wait forever.
You have me so tight that it's killing me; do you not even realize?
I'd like to pretend I wrote that poem up there for you, but I didn't.
I saw it while browsing pictures.  It's part of a longerish poem that
a boyfriend wrote to a girlfriend
because he cares about her.  I'm not even asking for a poem or really anything
[though that'd be pretty cool].
I'm just saying it'd be nice to know and all.  Because it's not just me that's suffering;
it's all my people that read my blog.  Do you know how long it's been since I've written a good post?
A long time and it's all because of you.
You mash my thoughts up into...mush.  And then I pour them onto the keyboard
and add in a dash of pictures
and stick it into the internet without even mixing or adding sugars and spices.

But I also decided that I don't have to write like Addy to be a good writer.
And I decided I don't have to dance like Brittany to be a good dancer.
I don't have to sing like Krista to be a good singer.
I don't have to look like Selena Gomez to be pretty and
I don't have to care to impress you because honestly,

I really doubt you even notice.

And who knows.  Maybe some day you will.
Maybe someday you'll think of me unexpectedly, without a text or a glimpse or whatever of me.
And maybe that day you'll want to brighten mine up
and bring me taco bell
or play me a favorite song
or paint me a picture
or give me a flower
or take me bowling/to a movie/to color me mine/really anywhere but here
or even just grab my hand.  That'd count too.
I'm a romantic; you don't even need to be imaginative to please me.  It's so easy
but it'd catch me off guard and I'd love you forever.
oh please, you could just tell me you think I'm beautiful.  Please?
But if you don't, that's fine too.

love always, laura.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blogs are wonderful! Even though half of the time I don't know who or what you are talking about, I still think they are great. It's not because of the pictures, or the poems, or the songs, or the bright colors. What makes your blogs great is they are about YOU. And I think YOU are amazing.
    Love, Sunshine
    (P.S sorry if this same comment posted multiple times, I am struggling with my slow Internet here)

    ReplyDelete