Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I like to believe in love.

you say you love rain,
but you open your umbrella.
you say you love the sun,
but you find a shadow spot.
you say you love the wind,
but you close your windows.
this is why i am afraid,
you say you love me too.
--William Shakespeare.







Sometimes I listen to songs and I am struck with their brilliancy.
Like, "Great Escape" or "The Middle" or "Gold Forever"
or a bunch of other songs.

Sometimes I listen to songs and I am struck with inspiration,
and I want to just get up and dance,
like "Too Close" and "Wild One" and "Lightning".

Sometimes I listen to songs and I am struck down with memories,
sometimes the memories make me smile
like "Long Live" and "Forget You" and "Club Can't Handle Me"
and sometimes they make me curl up for a moment,
hoping that someday I will be able to listen to them peacefully again,
like "How To Save A Life" and "Drops of Jupiter" and two whole cds full.

So sometimes, when songs like these come on, I just have to try to forget.

love always, laura elizabeth.

1 comment:

  1. how about we go driving and listen to happy music and visit happy people. I'll pay for your fries.

    ReplyDelete