Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fairytales and Best Friends.

Sometimes, the memories overwhelm her,
they make her laugh or smile,
those pass.

Sometimes, the memories overwhelm her,
they make her curl up and weep and curse at the wind,

but those pass, too.








And today, it's like a text that went unanswered that you wonder about all day,
or a comment you saw that you meant to reply to but never did,
or waving and dancing and not caring about anyone but the girl beside you.

Can't I believe in love at first sight for just one more childhood dream of life?
All the rationalizations, all the justifications for the opposite arguement,
they're true and unstoppable and make sense,
but for one oblivious, childish moment I'd like to believe in a fairytale again,
in the tooth fairy I was so convinced I saw when I was five years old,
or the jingle bells I heard in the kitchen at night when I was three.
but they too, like all else, they pass.

For life, it passes, it will always pass, just as everything else- our problems, our worries, our fears, and indeed everything about us -will pass, and only when we're no longer breathing
are we immortal.

love always, laura elizabeth.


1 comment: