Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Now that that landmark's passed...

One year ago today...

The following poem was written earlier.
Before I got cheered up, obviously.

Nostalgia.
what wasn't felt at five months
comes back twice at a year.
a soul undeserving,
a tear too often cried
due to the ability of life that
changes faster than we know.
"it's all for the best"
Yes, God gets us through,
the suffering turns to achievement,
but not everyone forgets that
God sent it to us first.
-May 31, 2011
Of course, I was able to get over it.
It's been a year.
I know I'm over it.
I didn't spend all day thinking about it.
[neither did he, I'm sure.]
[I actually doubt he knows what today is.]
[but it's fine.]
I've made new friends,
I've moved on,
Life goes on.
I'm done with him,
because he is no improvement in life.
I don't need him.
Whether I have another summer romance this year
or not,
At least I know that I am independent enough
to not.
Thank you to everyone who has helped me.
I'm sorry to everyone who has helped me.
This summer will be different.





However...
I never got a hug today.
Which made me sad.
But I'm still independent.  No worries.

Love, Laura.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post.
    wish i had been there with you today.
    love you girl : )

    ReplyDelete