Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Full Moons.

We're going in circles, but dizzy's all it makes us.



The strangest thing about sleeping tonight
is how you will be too.
The strangest thing about tonight's moon
is that we will both see the same one.
The strangest thing about the smell of the rain
is that it will smell the same to the both of us.

How can we be so close, in so many ways,
how can we be so far apart in all the others.

The strangest thing about my memories of us
is how different they will be.
The strangest thing about the way I feel now
is how much you don't feel the same.
The strangest thing about my salty cheeks
is how you never saw them in the first place.

How could we have been so close, in so many ways,
to have been so far apart in all the others.

The strangest thing about you
was always how you felt about me.
The strangest thing about me
was never how I felt about you.
The strangest thing about us today
is how alike it is to how we were then

love always, laura elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment