Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dreams of Sunshine and You.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one







But here's the thing, I dreamed a dream
I dreamed a dream of the pool
and I dreamed of red hair,
[actually, I dreamed of hair in general, as usual]
and I dreamed of skylines,
and I dreamed of zebras and funny faces,
I dreamed of a blonde mane of not just hair but of her words,
she says they're gone but they aren't
and I never had any anyway, so she shouldn't worry
but here's a good vibration anyway.
I dreamed of people,
and how to let go,
and how to hold on,
and how to do everything in the middle, too.
I dreamed of pounce-ing.
I dreamed in cards, people,
I dreamed in kings and queens and aces,
and I was the little black joker,
and you were the red 8.
I dreamed of cracks;
of sidewalks and my kindle
and the sky, too;
Mostly I dreamed of you.

Remember the beauty from last post? The beauty I have?
I don't care what you believe, for all I know you have it right.
But the beauty I have in my is my little piece of God.
And the reason I know you are beautiful is because you have a piece of Him, too,
because we are actually all God and everything is God
and really God is just the energy that connects us all to each other and everything.
[it's called Pantheism.]
So sorry for when I yell at you to stop littering,
because really,
I'm just giving back.

Addy, when you find your words [they wouldn't go far]
feel free to loan some to me.

love always, laura elizabeth.



1 comment:

  1. laura,
    you ARE the little [red] joker.
    and one of those seven year olds
    will remember you.
    <3

    ReplyDelete