Monday, September 27, 2010

True Beauty


I type in beautiful into google images, to see what I get.  The first eight pages are filled with- more or less- a bunch of models. That are pretty. But they are fake. They are not true beauty. The beauty on the outside is superficial. People always tell me that I'm beautiful. I absolutely disagree. I have decent looks and a cute smile, but when it comes to beauty... I'm still working on that. I only know a couple of people that are truly beautiful. They don't realize it. People like me realize what beautiful is and are always striving to achieve it. Then you have the people who are completely ignorant of true beauty. Sometimes they are nice people who just don't think about that. However, more often than not, they are the people at school that look down on everyone else.  They are the ones that slather on makeup, put in extension, straighten and dye their hair all day, text all day, talk all day, call themselves ugly and fat to others simply to hear everyone disagree.  They all think they're hot and sexy. Well, guess what? I don't want to be hot. I don't want to be sexy. I want to be beautiful. And that is what I'm working to achieve. When you say I'm beautiful, and I disagree, it's not because I think I'm ugly because, I'll admit it, I don't think I'm ugly. Plain and simple. Some people would look down on me because of that, well, sorry. I disagree because I am trying to be beautiful. I am striving for it.  Somedays I am, somedays I'm not. We all have true beauty in us. No one I know lets it out twenty four seven. But there are a couple of people that not only let it shine as much as possible, but they share it.  And those people are beautiful. When you give away your beauty, you are beautiful. Amen.

Love, StarFish.

No comments:

Post a Comment