Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sometimes people leave you, halfway through the wood.

Life is a funny thing.






It's funny how when some people shoot up, others fall down.  It's funny how when something falls apart, other things fall together.  It's funny how when your something falls apart, someone else's something begins to fall together.
But Kelsey, I want us to stay best friends.  I always have and always will.
I shouldn't feel betrayed, I shouldn't feel even the slightest bit jealous.  I shouldn't wonder if she remembers.  I shouldn't still be hurt about it.  I shouldn't still give him such a cold shoulder, but I don't know how to reinstate a friendship-especially knowing what I do about him now.  Maybe I overreacted.  But, love, you know my old stories and so did he.  You know why I feel the way I do and you know why I'm acting the way I am.
Have we grown so far apart that you've forgotten?
I know I shouldn't feel like this.  I know I shouldn't wonder and I know I shouldn't blame myself.  I know there's nothing I can do that can make me completely happy anymore.  I love to be a part of something, I love to feel like I'm relied on and loved and that I am a part of it.  I know it could've all been down without me but I also know that I've changed in the eyes of many, and I love that.  I love you still, which is why I'm saying right now:  Be careful.
Be careful when he takes you places and brings his sister, be careful when he winks at you.  Be careful of his arms and how they sneak around you.  I know you may not like him now but I know you have and I know that it's likely you might in the future again, and I want you to be careful.  Because the feeling of being betrayed by someone like him, someone that you would have never expected, is not one I want you to go through.  You may be older than me by seven months, but I have experience and I understand some things.  You're my sweet, innocent best friend and I couldn't bear to watch you lose that.  I ask that you take the time to re-read the card that I gave to you for your birthday again.  I ask that you think and be careful what you say around and to people.  Be careful, and I love you.
love always, laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment