Thursday, April 21, 2011

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer.

I got a reminder on my phone from forever ago today.  It was about Blaze's dad's passing fifteen (?) years ago today.  I texted him, and said I was sorry.  But he got angry with me.  No joke.  "Don't you know how to leave me alone, did you think I wanted to be reminded?"  etc.  I guess that's what I get for trying to be nice.  After going back and forth, with me trying to show I am trying to be nice, I got tired of him swearing at me and getting all angry so I said, "You are just as charming as you were when I first met you."  And didn't reply after that.

I think basically, the thing I am most sorry for, is that he didn't have a strong father figure to teach him his rights and wrongs.  Like for instance, it's wrong to play two girls at the same time. 

But I know now that I never deserved that.  And if he was going to do what he did, he doesn't deserve me.  He gets mad when I try to be nice, he gets mad when I get mad.  There is no winning.  So, even though I gave up on him a long time ago, I will not text him again.  Even if it's to say I'm sorry about his dad because now I know he can twist that into something rude that I did to him.

I am done with him.

And by extension, boys.
At least for a while.





Boys, be nice to girls.

Girls, be nice to boys.  ...But don't believe EVERYTHING they say.

Love, Starfish.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sorry girl, you don't deserve that. you are going to get the most amazing boy who truly appreciates how wonderful you are, & you will hardly remember blaze anymore. keep your head up. you have a lot going for you... like DRAMA 3 & MUSICAL THEATRE!

    ReplyDelete